- All About Discount Vinyl Gloves
What are vinyl gloves?
Vinyl gloves are made from the synthetic monomer material called polyvinyl chloride (PVC). The material is taken through a polymerization process with an end product that is hard and rigid. To avoid this, a plasticizing chemical is added to produce a flexible material required for making the gloves.
Vinyl gloves are relatively cheap to produce. The inexpensive factor makes them ideal for use in areas where glove turnover is high. Vinyl gloves are not as durable as the nitrile or latex types but still offer good service where durability and toughness are not the main concerns and only simple protection against contamination (by user) of material handled is the main aim.
Vinyl gloves are often used for:
- Non-contaminated light hospital procedures
- Food industry
- Light grooming procedures
- Home uses such as cleaning
- To handle things a person may be allergic to.
Properties of vinyl gloves:
- They are latex free. The incidence of allergy to vinyl is said to be less than 1%. When it happens, it may be in form of contact dermatitis or urticarial. Sometimes the reaction has been associated to components used to make the end product other than the PVC itself.
- They fit more loosely. This can be a disadvantage for certain jobs.
- They are cheap.
- They are anti-static.
- They breathe less, so sweating is more than in other gloves. There is poor skin breathability with all types of gloves but it is more with PVC / vinyl types.
- They are not safe when handling highly infectious material.
- Not ideal for handling chemicals.
If level of protection and durability are not a priority, then vinyl gloves are the way to go.
The largest selection and most affordable place to purchase vinyl gloves is MDSupplies.
Shop Vinyl Powderfree Exam Gloves
Shop Vinyl Powderfree General Purpose Gloves
Shop Vinyl Powdered General Purpose Gloves
Shop All Gloves